Before you read this, recognize that there are some excellent, excellent podcasts out there.
That said, you can wrap up a lot of podcasts by just plugging in the following review:
- They complained that the church should make people uncomfortable.
- Too many liberals at church who need to buck up and get a grip about reality.
- Too many conservatives at church who need to realize that progressive politics are the heart of the truth.
- Too many lazy people at church who don’t work hard enough on the speaker’s favorite cause.
- Too many driven people at church who don’t realize they need to stop and smell the roses.
- They complained about how some things at church made them uncomfortable.
- All those other people complaining and telling them what to do.
- All those other people judging them over the complaints.
- They complained that it was too hard to complain to the hierarchy about things.
- Who wants to just talk to a stake president?
- Come on, if it is only 2-3 people in each ward complaining each month, surely it wouldn’t take that many apostles to give them all personal hearings and listen to them at length.
- They were unhappy with people who complain to the hierarchy about them.
- Can’t people just quit complaining?
- Can’t they get some perspective and realize that my complaints are the valid ones?
- Don’t they realize “I the lord will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required …” doesn’t apply to me?!
- They complained about cultural imperialism.
- All those people trying to import other cultures to Utah from California or other foreign places.
- All those people trying to export Utah culture to other places.
- All those people thinking that where the most members are should drive most practices.
- All those people thinking that some diversity should be interjected.
- They complained about cultural practices of others (including the practice of polygamy in Nigeria and other places).
- And that green jello!
- And that red jello!
That will save you from listening to many podcasts. 😉
Humor aside, what are the best and the worst podcasts you have listened to? Why? Links?