I really like the idea of practical short meme statements.
Strengthen the Family: support your local homeless shelter.
Strengthen the Family: stand against domestic violence.
Strengthen the Family: keep parents from abandoning gay children.
Strengthen the Family: make every family welcome at church.
Strengthen the Family: spend more time with yours.
I’ve borrowed the ideas and concept. And really like it.
Strengthen the Family: Remember that not all families look like yours, and that’s okay.
Strengthen the Family: Support Family Leave Legislation
Strengthen the Family: Support Generous Child Tax Credits
Strengthen the Family: Support Student Loan Forgiveness
Strengthen the Family: Live a Sustainable Lifestyle
Strengthen the Family: improve access to mental health care
Strengthen the family: Don’t be an asshole.
Strengthen the family: avoid honky tonks, Dairy Queens, and 7-Elevens.
Strengthen the Family: don’t obsess over the Mormon Sad Heaven.
Strengthen the family: know that not all families have to look like your family to be strong
Strengthen the family: admit that Obama had better family values than Trump
Strengthen the family: Fight policies that concentrate wealth.
Strengthen the family: Give your tithes and offerings directly to organizations that help those hurt by corporate and conservative greed.
Strengthen the family: Trust women to recognize when they are ready to raise a child.
Strengthen the family: Prevent untimely pregnancies through the use of birth control. This benefits married couples (SCOTUS decision Griswold v. Connecticut, 1965), down to high school students.
Untimely pregnancies impact teen girls and women far more than it does to the teen boys and med involved.
JCS: You got it.
Strengthen the family: Ordain women.
Strengthen the family: Avoid organized religions run by pious octogenarians.
Strengthen the family: Embrace less is more.
Strengthen the Family: Enable an economy in which everything is so expensive that hardly anyone can afford to raise one.
Strengthen the Family: Only the Carmine Family can protect yours for the low, low rate of five thousand dollars a month!
^ Sorry, that’s meant to be a reference to Batman, as in the crime family of Carmine Falcone. Something like “Strengthen the Family: Carmine Falcone Offers You His Protection.” I just googled “Carmine Family” and found it refers to a video game I’ve never heard of. This is why I shouldn’t make dumb jokes on the internet.
Strengthen the family: support a living wage
Strengthen the family: support affordable housing
Strengthen the family: Healthcare and housing for all!
Strengthen the family: It’s quality, not quantity, that matters.
Strengthen the family: Stop expecting mothers to raise a village on their own.
Strengthen the family: Restore Heavenly Mother to her rightful place.
Strengthen the Family: Stop Rallying Around “The Family”
Threadjack: I love 7-11. You see all walks of life, every type of person, and they have all the stuff that you REALLY need, like gasoline and yummy treats.
STF: Have GC monthly so families have more weekends to vacation together.
Hedgehog already posted my ideas, so this is a double thumbs up for Hedgehog.
Strengthen the family: reduce ward/stake council meetings and such to 1x month
Strengthen the family; talk about Jesus Christ instead of Joseph Smith/ RMN
Strengthen the family: do not pay LDS tithing, put it in a college savings plan
STF: pay the clergy. And organists. And teachers. And custodians. The laborer is worthy of [their] hire.
Strenghtening the family: do not start a family too young
Strengthen the family: workers of the world unite
Strengthen the family: solidarity forever.
Strengthen the family: one big union.
Strengthen the Family: Support criminal justice reform.
Strengthen the family:
– Start protecting children from predators in leadership by completing background checks for all positions/callings who work with kids, mandating no one-on-one adult to youth interactions in any scenarios including interviews, phone calls, texts, etc. require all adult members to take industry-supported and developed child protection training. Make all leaders and adults mandatory reporters to law enforcement of abuse of any kind. Create fund and program to support victims of child abuse. And apologize for not following industry and member recommendations earlier. Train leaders to recognize signs of abuse and to report and refer to and pay for professional counseling.
– Sell all you have and give to the poor, and stop building/announcing unnecessary and stupidly expensive temples. Stop requiring tithing to enter
– Stop placing yourselves in the velvet thrones above others and wearing costly apparel and expecting a business look of members
– Support the orphan, widow, sick, and afflicted rather than exacting their mite for an unimaginably large and unnecessary treasury
– Open homeless shelters and develop mental health programs to support the homeless
– Stop chasing the almighty dollar
– Be honest and transparent
– Stop selling religion as the ultimate solution to todays issues