I used to hate emojis; I thought they were immature and childish. But the past year of using them I’ve had a lot of fun and I have to admit my emoji game is on point. Last week on twitter I ran into “Mormojis” that an internet genius made (who I later found out was Annie Kershisnik Blake and her friend Zina Bennion).
Her Mormojis inspired me, and really convinced me that emojis are the future of communication. Since I’ve never had much of a gif game, I decided to bring you highlights from #ldsconf in emojis. I think I’ve seen other sites do wordles; so this is kind of like that, but for Millennials.
Here’s how to play: in your comment guess the correct speaker and/or translate the emoji sentence/phrase/story.
Winner gets awarded this emoji trophy: 🏆. I’ll fill in correct answers below as they are guessed.
- Elder Clark: Eyes to See and Ears to Hear
- Elder Lawrence: the Holy Ghost is the ideal traveling companion
- Sis. Stephens: Sister Stephens explained to Chloe that the seat belt was there to protect her. If she didn’t wear it, she wouldn’t be safe. After thinking it over, Chloe responded, “Grandma, you want me to wear my seat belt because you love me!”
- Elder Maynes: Center your life/discipleship on Christ
- Elder Uchtdorf: If Church isn’t working very well for you, focus on the basics
- Elder Holland: Behold thy Mother
- Elder Ballard: His great and powerful ship flows toward salvation and exaltation. Remember we cannot reach there by jumping out of the boat and trying to swim there by ourselves.
- Elder Bednar: My interpretation: The three brethren who have passed were my friends, they are not incapacitated because of their age. Quit talking smack about them.
- Elder Christofferson: Why Church?
- Elder Haynie: when he was a young boy and had been playing with his brothers outside in a large, muddy hole they dug themselves. When it came time for him to go inside his home his grandmother wouldn’t let him in the house, which she had just cleaned, until he had completely washed the mud off himself.
- Elder Schwitzer: If ever there was a time when the world needs disciples of Christ who can communicate the message of the gospel with clarity and from the heart, it is now. We need the clarion call of the trumpet.
- Sis. Reeves: “What are some of his tools? Seductive romance novels, TV soap operas, married women and old boyfriends connecting on social media, and pornography. We must be so careful, dear sisters! We cannot play with Satan’s fiery darts and not get burned”
- Elder Nelson: A Plea to the Sisters
- Elder Keetch: Just beyond the barrier, large waves, perfect for surfing, were breaking out of reach. As they grew more animated, an older local man approached the group and offered them the use of his binoculars. When Elder Keetch’s turn came, he spotted the dorsal fins of many large sharks feeding just outside the barrier.
p.s. This post took entirely too much time. It would have really helped if iOS had included any number of helpful religious emojis; all I’ve got is a church and two angels. Not even a cross – I used a wingding for that one! And no shark??!